05 February 2012

Colorful with Kryolan

Have you heard of Kryolan yet?

For those of you who haven’t – you’re on the right place! And those of you, who already fell in love with it, keep on reading because there is no such thing as too much love for Kryolan (and you know it!). :)


I came upon a little store in the center of Zagreb, in Oktogon, to be precise, filled with lovely colorful makeup. At the time, I wasn’t familiar with Kryolan makeup, but the saleswoman was more than nice and she informed me about the brand, showed me all kinds of samples. I was particularly interested in two products – Aquacolor and Supracolor.

Here is why:
Aquacolor is a glycerin-based compact makeup, especially color-intensive. It’s meant to be used as a makeup for painting face and body, however it can also be used as a versatile product in your everyday makeup routine, such as eyeliner, eyeshadow or even a blush, it all depends on your creativity. Application is very simple, you need a damp makeup sponge or a moistened brush (and I would recommend distilled water over the piped one). Aquacolor is quite smudge-proof (if not applied on a part of face/body that is continuously rubbed against something) and can be easily removed with soap and water. It is available in more than 132 shades, varying from nudes to vivid, metallic and even colors that glow under the UV light.

Supracolor is a creamy, oil-based makeup created for professional makeup artists in theatres. It is well known for excellent covering qualities and skin compatibility as well as the great range of colors. It is used not only for normal make-up, but also for bright color effects, shading and highlighting. While it as smudge-proof as Aquacolor, it can be easily fixed using fixing powder or a spray.


Since Aquacolor is more versatile when it comes to use and it is easier to blend it with other colors and do precise drawing, I’ve decided to buy a few and give them a try. My first picks were metallic – bronze and gold as I am (or better to say I was) in constant search of true bright gold. I used it when I was doing makeup for Ana, and I was more than pleased with the results.

When Petra and I were planning our Berlin time visit to Kryolan City was a must! We saw photos of the store and couldn’t wait to see it in person. I must admit, we were a bit surprised as we’ve thought it would be much bigger. However, as it turned out, it was big enough – we were there for two or three hours! :)




First of all, salesgirls Patrizia and Constanze were welcoming and nice; they took time to show us all the products, especially the new ones, gave us some really helpful tips,. Wall full of different Aquacolor and Supracolor shades looked like it was taken from a picture book (the one about the makeup, of course :)). And that long rows of eye shadows, blushes… Everything was just filled with colors! Beautiful!









I needed so much strength not to buy everything I see! :) However, bought some precious jewels and I can’t wait to use every single thing for shooting with Petra. Composing the palette with Aquacolor was the first thing I did. I also discovered liquid Aquacolor and took one in black (Petra and I have some pretty crazy ideas). Here’s some gorgeous turquoise glitter and a glitter gel (the best one, ever!). I couldn’t resist these eyelashes, with small white dots on the end of each lash – simple and beautiful! They aren’t Kryolan brand; they are from other brand called Paris Berlin, as well as this foundation, which I will describe in detail in upcoming post.




The only thing that’s left is to try out all this beauties in action! :) Petra’s exams are finally over (she had some really tough ones, that she passed with great success, I must add) so we are back to entertain your pretty eyes! :)



Love you all!!

Iva

No comments:

Post a Comment