02 August 2012

Lush Wolwes Pow for Sarajevo stray dogs

Lush makes big part of my cosmetics stash. I love their products for their quality, but also the brand itself for the effort they make in order to give back to the community. This time they took me by surprise. Passing by their store in a mall I saw cutest white soap with red paw called Wolwes Paw. At first I thought Lush started making soaps for dogs (how cool would that be, huh? :)) so I entered the store and asked the sales girl what's it about.


Sales girl told me that veterinarian faculty from Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, collaborated with Lush and started a campaign called "Kamo sutra" (literally translation to English: Where tomorrow). The aim of the campaign is to take care for stray dogs in Sarajevo, for their number is increasing rapidly. Lush is giving all the money they make from selling Wolwes Paw Soap for catching stray dogs, ensuring they've been given proper medical care, neutering them and lastly providing them a safe home.


I admit, I have a soft spot for stray animals, especially since we took Cookie, our older dog, from shelter so I decided to support the campaign by buying this soap and I encourage you to do the same.

The soap is available in Lush stores in Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Slovenia from 25th of June until the end of August.



And lastly, let me tell you something about the soap itself. Its ingredients are: Rapeseed Oil and Coconut Oil, Water, Glycerine, Organic Apple Juice, Mint Absolute, Spearmint Oil and Clove Bud Oil. It smells delightfully fresh, and looks a bit like a candy. :) I loved the feeling it left on my skin after showering – cooling minty feeling, ideal for hot summer days! I would definitely recommend it (plus it's for a good cause)!!


Stay fresh and do something good today!


Love,
Iva

p.s. Cookie and Bess also approve of this campaign! :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, steta sto je lush ducan u Splitu zatvoren, ne mogu prijeci preko toga nimalo :(
    Inace, jako mi se svida vas blog, vas dvije ste prava inspiracija! Samo tako nastavite, na ovo svijetu fali definitivno cura kao sto ste vas dvije :)
    Osmjeh ostavljam :)

    Tihana

    ReplyDelete